Since its founding in 1963 Piedmont Craftsmen has aspired to educate consumers and market fine crafts to the public. A deep, long lasting love affair with fine craft is the relationship most individuals discover through their affiliation with Piedmont Craftsmen. Our crafts are future heirlooms, made here in America, unlike our society’s many highly disposable commercial “one night stands.” To our community our organization offers value, quality, artistic integrity and education. To our artists it offers a source for income, peer motivation and inspiration through our high standards, and our dedication to excellence.
Piedmont Craftsmen is distinguished by:
- Its national reputation for excellence in fine crafts.
- Its 375 exhibiting members’ artistry, creativity and professionalism.
- Its rigorous two part jury process for the selection of the finest craftsmen in the United States.
- Its dedication to fostering a connection between the public and the craftsperson through programming that embraces both education and marketing.
- Its Craft Fair, Education Programs, Exhibition Programs and Gallery/Craft Shop.
- Its commitment to the revitalization and promotion of Winston-Salem’s downtown.